The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance identifying a man wanted in a Robbery/Break-and-Enter investigation targeting senior living residences in Toronto.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, April 6, 2019, at approximately 5:48 p.m., an unknown man entered a senior living residence, in the Yonge Street and Davenport Road
- he proceeded to the top floor of the building and began looking around the building for places to break-in
- he checked the doorknobs of nearly all of the units on the floor trying to see if somebody had left their door insecure and continued to do so on other floors within the building
- he then broke into one of the units within the residence and stole a quantity of money and credit cards
- he then left the building at approximately 5:57 p.m.
It is further reported that:
- on Saturday, April 13, 2019, at approximately 11:13 a.m., the same man entered a senior living residence, in the Avenue Road and Davenport Road
- he checked doorknobs within the residence
- he found an insecure residence, entered the unit and stole money and other valuables
- he was confronted by the home owner, an elderly man, and a confrontation ensued
- he identified himself as building security, and the home owner did not believe him
- a verbal argument then turned physical, and he pushed the elderly man, who used a walker, and stole his cell phone
Security camera images a suspect have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com
, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip
page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca