The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance with a Robbery and Fail to Remain investigation in the Danforth Avenue and Glebemount Road
It is alleged that:
- on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, at approximately 1:30 p.m., a man was driving a vehicle when he became involved in a collision with another vehicle being driven by a 36-year-old man
- when the 36-year-old man began taking photos of the vehicles and the scene, the man and another unidentified male assaulted him
It is further alleged that:
- the same man, who was armed with a knife, then assaulted a bystander when he attempted to intervene during the assault
The 74-year-old bystander was transported to hospital.
Both suspects fled the scene in a black 2018 Land Rover, with Ontario licence plate CDMD 314. The suspect vehicle sustained significant damage to the front end.
One of the men has been identified as Mohamed Ashaqzai, 20, of Toronto. He is wanted on a Warrant in the First Instance for:
2. Assault with a Weapon
3. Weapons Dangerous
4. Two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
5. Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident
6. Two count of Fail to Comply Probation
Suspect #2 is described as male, black with a medium complexion, 5’7”, with a husky build, and short curly hair. He was wearing a black jacket.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5506, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com
, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip
page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca