The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in two sexual assault investigations.
On Thursday, September 6, 2018, at approximately 1:15 a.m., officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Dundas Street East and Sackville Street
It is alleged that:
- a 24-year-old woman was waiting for an Uber she had ordered
- she entered a black SUV believed to be her driver
- he drove away not allowing her an opportunity to leave the SUV
- he drove to a secluded spot where he sexually assaulted her
- he continued to drive around
- she was finally allowed to exit the SUV, she then called police
On Monday, April 8, 2019, at 1 p.m., officers began an investigation into a sexual assault in the Royal York Road and Evans Avenue
It is alleged:
- a 21-year-old woman entered a black SUV driven by a man
- The man drove her away from Toronto not allowing her to exit the SUV
- he took her to a fast food restaurant parking lot in Mississauga
- the woman tried to get assistance from a bystander
- he then drove her to a secluded side street
- he sexually assaulted her
The woman was dropped off later that morning, she then contacted police.
Taneem Aziz, 36, of Mississauga, was arrested and charged with:
1. two counts of Sexual Assault
2. Forcible Confinement
He is scheduled to appear at Toronto West Court on Thursday, May 23, 2019, at 10 a.m., in room 204.
He was employed as an Uber driver.
Police believe there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com
, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip
page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca