On Sunday, October 13, 2019, at approximately 10:48 a.m., police received a report of a collision in the Ellesmere Road and Pharmacy Avenue
It is reported that:
- a grey, 2015, Dodge Journey, with Ontario licence plate ANXC 265, was travelling eastbound on Ellesmere Road, approaching Pharmacy Avenue
- the vehicle drove past a few stopped vehicles, and failed to stop for the red light at the intersection
- a woman, 57, and a woman, 37, were standing at the southeast corner of the intersection, on the sidewalk, with a 20-month-old child in a stroller
- the Dodge Journey, crossed the intersection and mounted the sidewalk, striking the pedestrians including the child
- the vehicle stopped on the sidewalk just east of where the pedestrians were struck
- two occupants exited the Dodge Journey and walked around briefly
- One of the vehicle\'s occupants got back into the vehicle and fled the scene southbound on Pharmacy Avenue
- the other occupant fled the scene on foot
- as a result of the impact, the front licence plate of the Dodge Journey became dislodged from the vehicle and was left at the scene.
Police are seeking assistance locating the following three persons of interest:
Cory Munroe, 49
Amanda Rioux, 30
All three are from Toronto.
The pedestrians suffered serious injuries. The child’s injuries are very serious, however, they are no longer considered to be life-threatening in nature. The investigation is on-going.
If anyone witnessed this collision, has dash-cam or video footage, or any knowledge pertaining to the persons of interest, please contact Traffic Services at
416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com
, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip
page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca